Saturday, March 31, 2007

I’ll be Gone

Dear Readers and Friends –

One of the things I do with my time is umpiring tennis. For the next couple of weeks, I will be down in Florida working a couple of events, one a youth tournament and the other a professional wheelchair player’s event. We put in long days at these things, so probably won’t have access to a computer or time to write a daily blog. I will write and post if and when I can, but chances are there will be no new blog in this space on most days from April 1 through 12 or so.

Wheelchair tennis, BTW, is one heck of an event to watch. If you ever get the chance attend a tournament. Those folks are amazing. I’m a fair tennis player myself, but I couldn’t stay on the court with some of these guys. Big serves, hot ground strokes, great lobs and some surprising net play characterize these matches. The speed at which these folks move around the court is impressive, but their ability to be in the right position to cleanly stroke the ball is awesome. I’m really looking forward to this event.

I hope you’ll check this space from time to time while I’m gone just in case I get a chance to post, and I really hope that you’ll come back regularly after I’m back in the saddle. In the meantime, thanks for coming here at all, let alone regularly. I’ll see you in a couple of weeks. May they be weeks of peace for you as they will be for me.

Yours in Peace –
Bob Ranney

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

No comments: