Friday, December 28, 2007

The Joys of the Season

I am off to North Carolina this week-end to attend the wedding of the last male in the Ranney family. Some folks are hoping they will soon have children to carry on the line and other are hopeful that it will end!!

Upon my return, I am up for jury duty, so in the immediate future, my blogging is likely to be spotty.

In the meantime, I just wanted to take a minute today to thank those of you who take the time to read the thoughts I share here. Each of you is valuable to me, not only because you read what I have to say, but also because it helps me to know you are there. Whether or not you agree with what I have to say, I deeply value your feedback, and deeply hope that you find value in the facts and opinions you find here.

I’m sure the fondest wish of every one of us is that whatever the political landscape holds for us in 2008, it will be the start of an era of cooperative effort to make this world a better place.

As usual, though, we would be wise to start on a smaller scale so please accept my best wishes that each of you will have the best year of your life. May your ambitions be achieved and may you find yourself in front of a warm fire on the cold days and a cool stream on the hot ones. May the wind be always at your back and the rain fall soft upon your fields. And may we all, one day, awaken to a world in which every person is as concerned about his neighbor’s well-being as about his own.


Be the change you wish to see in the world. -- M. K. Gandhi


Individually we have little voice. Collectively we cannot be ignored.
But in silence we surrender our power. Yours in Peace -- BR

The reason for going was to keep the crude flowing and raise a false flag abroad. – from a poem by Jack Evans titled 3500 Souls - http://www.myspace.com/paralegal_eagle

No comments: